K+S key facts
|Potash and Magnesium Products||€ million||2,290.6||2,133.6||1,867.0||1,421.7||2,397.4|
|Nitrogen Fertilizers||€ million||-||-||902.4||1,016.2||1,652.4|
|Complementary Activities||€ million||153.7||150.4||134.0||120.7||125.3|
|Reconcilitation 2)||€ million||6.2||2.7||0.5||0.6||0.7|
|K+S Group||€ million||3,935.3||3,996.8||4,632.7||3,573.8||4,794.4|
|Operating EBIT I / EBIT1)|
|Potash and Magnesium Products||€ million||773,9||739.5||475.9||231.7||1,203.2|
|Nitrogen Fertilizers||€ million||-||-||43.3||-108.1||121.4|
|Complementary Activities||€ million||21.1||17.9||21.2||15.2||25.1|
|Reconcilitation 2)||€ million||(48.9)||(62.6)||(64.0)||(41.2)||(52.2)|
|K+S Group||€ million||808.5||906.2||714.5||238.0||1,342.7|
|Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA)||€ million||1,037.7||1,146.1||953.0||411.8||1,484.4|
|Operating earnings (EBIT I/EBIT)||€ million||808.5||906.2||714.5||238.0||1,342.7|
|Result after operating hedges (EBIT II)||€ million||846.5||882.8||719.1||241.9||1,192.3|
|Earnings before taxes||€ million||766.9||818.6||599.1||126.5||1,199.1|
|Earnings before taxes, adjusted 3)||€ million||728.9||842.0||594.5||122.6||1,349.5|
|Group earnings from continued operations||€ million||568.0||608.8||457.1||-||-|
|Group earnings from continued operations, adjusted 3)||€ million||540.8||625.6||453.8||-||-|
|Group earnings 4)||€ million||667.6||564.3||448.6||96.4||870.9|
|Group earnings, adjusted 3), 4)||€ million||639.7||581.8||445.3||93.6||979.3|
|Gross cash flow||€ million||813.0||859.0||812.7||323.9||1,177.9|
|Capital expenditure 5)||€ million||465.5||293.1||188.6||177.6||197.5|
|Depreciation 5)||€ million||229.2||239.8||238.5||173.8||141.7|
|Working Capital||€ million||1,025.7||840.9||959.4||970.5||962.3|
|Property, plant and equipment, intangible assets||€ million||3,528.2||3,247.9||2,803.3||2,658.0||1,423.5|
|Net indebtness||€ million||756.0||610.8||732.5||1,351.3||570.0|
|Balance sheet total||€ million||6,639.0||6,056.9||5,573.7||5,217.1||3,473.8|
|Employees as of 31 Dec. 6)||number||14,362||14,338||14,186||15,208||12,368|
|Personnel expenses 7)||€ million||981.9||962.0||944.4||756.4||738.5|
|Earnings per share from continued operations, adjusted 3)||€||2.83||3.27||2.37||-||-|
|Earnings per share, adjusted 3), 4)||€||3.34||3.04||2.33||0.56||5.94|
|Dividend per share 8)||€||1.40||1.30||1.00||0.20||2.40|
|Dividend yield 8)||%||4.0||3.7||1.8||0.5||6.0|
|Return on revenues 3)||%||13.7||15.7||9.8||2.6||20.4|
|Return on Capital Employed (ROCE) 9)||%||20.5||25.2||22.0||9.3||64.0|
|Return on total investment 3),10)||%||16.1||16.4||14.7||6.9||44.9|
|Return on equity after taxes 3),10)||%||19.4||20.2||18.7||8.4||68.6|
|Book value per share
|Gross cash flow per share||€||4.25||4.49||4.25||1.95||7.14|
|Closing price as of 31 Dec. 11)||XETRA, €||35.00||34.92||56.36||39.99||39.97|
|Market capitalisation||€ billion||6.7||6.7||10.8||7.7||6.6|
|Enterprise value as of 31 Dec.||€ billion||7.5||7.3||11.5||9.0||7.2|
|Total number of shares as of 31 Dec.||million||191.4||191.40||191.40||191.40||165.0|
1) Information refers to the continued operations of the K+S Group; the years 2008 until 2010 as well as the years 2008 until 2011 also include the discontinued operations of the COMPO business and the nitrogen business, respectively. According to IFRS, the income statement and the cashflow statement of 2011 are adjusted for the divestment of the COMPO and the Nitrogen business. The balance sheet was not adjusted.
2) Expenses and income that cannot be allocated to business units are recorded separately and shown under "Reconciliation".
3) The adjusted key figures only include the result from operating forecast hedges of the respective reporting period reported in EBIT I, which eliminates effects from changes in the market value of the hedges (see also ‘Notes to the income statement and the statement of comprehensive income’). Related effects on deferred and cash taxes are also eliminated.
4) Earnings from continued and discontinued operations.
5) Investments in or depreciation on property, plant and equipment, intangible and investment properties as well as depreciation on financial assets.
6) FTE: Full-time equivalents; part-time positions are weigthed in accordance with their respective share of working hours.
7) Personnel expenses also include expenditures connected with partial retirement and early retirement.
8) The figure for 2012 corresponds to the dividend proposal; the dividend yield is based on the year-end closing price.
9) Information for the years 2012 and 2011 refers to the continued operations of the K+S Group.
10) Information refers to the continued and discontinued operations of the K+S Group.
11) The price of the K+S share since the capital increase in December 2009 has been traded ex subscription right. Historical values were not adjusted.